Pages

Autumn colours





Hello autumn! I have managed to reorganise our closets and brought out the wools, cashmeres and fleeces. Summer this year was good to us. The sun was almost out the entire time- I mean literally. Sunsets at 11:00 p.m. is both a blessing and a curse. :)

The family went on an afternoon stroll. I asked my husband if he can smell autumn in the air but all I got was a puzzled look. I don´t know if it is just me, but beside it being chilly, there is a certain woodiness and organic element in it. I am talking about that odour when you walk in a forest, the smell of the soil, the leaves composting on the forest floor, the cold air and the smell of the tree barks. The process of abscission may take role in this too.

So here are some photographs I took while we were walking around the neighbourhood. I have to warn you though that I am not a pro in shooting pictures though I have recently found my interest in photography re-kindled. I use Nikon d5000 with its kit lens but I hope to buy soon a prime lens to play with.  Any suggestions? :)

Julianna warm and cozy in her Stokke stroller.

Baby crossing.

Daddy O taking control.

From another view.

Changing colours and falling off.

What´s your fave autumn song?

A short break for a photo op. 

I just love the contrast of the leaves on the trees.

The next two photos below depict the polarity of two seasons.
Surprisingly, I found these flowers this time of year.

The red leaves against the gray, wooden wall.


More grays and yellows/oranges.





Our stroll is nearing the end. Julianna is already sleeping and no bumps or rocky and uneven pavement can wake this little sleepy head. 


7 p.m. and the sun is setting. I don´t know how I managed to get this shot but I am glad I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment